The Spring Data MongoDB project provides integration with the MongoDB document database. Key functional areas of Spring Data MongoDB are a POJO centric model for interacting with a MongoDB DBCollection and easily writing a Repository style data access layer.
- Spring configuration support using Java based
@Configuration classes or an XML namespace for a Mongo driver instance and replica sets.
MongoTemplate helper class that increases productivity performing common Mongo operations. Includes integrated object mapping between documents and POJOs.
- Exception translation into Spring’s portable Data Access Exception hierarchy
- Feature Rich Object Mapping integrated with Spring’s Conversion Service
- Annotation based mapping metadata but extensible to support other metadata formats
- Persistence and mapping lifecycle events
- Low-level mapping using MongoReader/MongoWriter abstractions
- Java based Query, Criteria, and Update DSLs
- Automatic implementation of Repository interfaces including support for custom finder methods.
- Querydsl integration to support type-safe queries.
- Cross-store persistance - support for JPA Entities with fields transparently persisted/retrieved using MongoDB
- GeoSpatial integration
- Map-Reduce integration
- CDI support for repositories
- GridFS support