Spring Session MongoDB provides an API and implementations for managing a user’s session information stored in MongoDB.
Spring Session MongoDB provides the following features:
- API and implementations for managing a user's session
- HttpSession - allows replacing the HttpSession in an application container (i.e. Tomcat) neutral way
- Clustered Sessions - Spring Session makes it trivial to support clustered sessions without being tied to an application container specific solution.
- Multiple Browser Sessions - Spring Session supports managing multiple users' sessions in a single browser instance (i.e. multiple authenticated accounts similar to Google).
- RESTful APIs - Spring Session allows providing session ids in headers to work with RESTful APIs
- WebSocket - provides the ability to keep the HttpSession alive when receiving WebSocket messages